Sunday 17 April 2011

Julie Verhoeven

Julie Verhoeven is an artist and designer based in London.
After studying fashion she began her career assisting John Galliano before working in the fashion industry as a designer, illustrator, creative director and tutor.

Verhoeven’s own fashion label, Gibo by Julie Verhoeven,
was launched in September 2002, and she went on to collaborate
with global brands including, Louis Vuitton, Versace, Mulberry
and H&M.


I found Verhoeven by looking through books of design, what really caught my eye was her invitations to a show 'Fat Bottomed Girls' and 'unforgiven' I thought her style of drawing and use of colour was really similar to how i wanted to design the interior and way finding of the building.

I really liked how she did the writing in this invitation here. I thought how the swirls joined together was really playful and carefree. I could establish this idea and make it into arrows for wayfinding. I believe this would work well with the branding of the building as it is for art, musical theatre etc.


Her invitation to 'Unforgiven' was really interesting. Although it was a different show it had the same feel to the art, as swirls and lines were used and join together to create characters within the invitation. The colours and how it was applied were very carefree and fun. I want the new building to be carefree and fun, i dont want people to go in feeling like they dont want to go to lesson. Having a building with a relaxed feel to it would create a positive atmosphere

No comments:

Post a Comment